It was started in 2004 as a Primary Health Centre (PHC) of the Life Abundant Primary Healthcare Programme (LAP) of the Cameroon Baptist convention Health Services (CBCHS) to help meet the pressing health needs of the people. On January 1, 2013 the CBCHS upgraded the PHC and gave it the status of a health centre.
Today, Nwat Baptist Health Centre is renown in Nwat for its competent staff who render quality services to the patients.
Outpatient Services: Nwat Baptist Health Centre boats of the following outpatient services:
- General Consultations,
- Laboratory Services,
- Pharmacy Services,
- Maternal Child Health Services (Antenatal Clinic, deliveries (an average of 12 deliveries conducted per month),
- Infant Welfare Clinic, (PMTCT),
- Treatment Room, Registration/payment,
- Health Education in the health centre on nutrition, diseases and general hygiene, Outreach (community health education and vaccination),
- Family Care and Treatment of HIV and Support Group for persons living with HIV
- Monthly eye consultation on support visits, Security Services
Nwat Baptist Health Centre does admission of cases that require close follow up. There are three wards for admissions:
- Women’s ward
- Children’s Ward,
- Men’s Ward
- Labour Room
- Maternity Ward.
Nwat Baptist Health Centre is located in Nwat Village in Nwa Sub-Division, Dunga Matung Division of the Northwest Region of Cameroon.
Staff capacity: Nwat Baptist Health Centre has 17 permanent workers and three temporal.
Number of patients: In spite of the many health institutions in Nwat, the health centre sees an average of 300 patients every month.
Supervising Hospital: The supervising hospital, Banso Baptist Hospital (BBH) pays a doctor’s support visit to Nwat Baptist Health Centre every month.
Bed capacity: Nwat Baptist Health Centre has a bed capacity of 28
Hours of work: The health centre operates round the clock on a three shift system (7am to 2pm, 2pm to 9pm, and 9pm to 7am).
Catchment Areas: Patients are from Nwat village and other villages like Mbirkwa, Sabongari, Manwa, Kurrt, Nwanti, Ntem, Bini, Nyerong and Kumchum among others.
Tel. +237 67759 6636 (COC)
67496 6823 (Security Post)