Created on October 9, 2000, Mboppi Baptist Hospital Douala (MBHD) is one of the most prestigious hospitals of the Cameroon Baptist Convention (CBC) Health Services. The Hospital has been widely acclaimed for the exceptional services it offers to Cameroonians in the cosmopolitan economic capital, Douala. MBHD dominates popular medical institutions in Douala in terms of qualitative services offered, staff strength, and infrastructure. The staff strength was 479 as at August 2020, including 30 medical doctors and 14 specialists; 2 general surgeons, 1 cardiologist, 2 gynecologists, 1 pediatrician, 2 ophthalmologists, and 3 dentists. MBHD has 140 hospital beds. The Hospital receives clients from Douala town and from other parts of the Littoral Region, and from as far as Equatorial Guinea and Gabon. The Hospital is opened 24/7.
Dr. Zero Molesa Guy, CMO
Mr. Monjuh Anthony , SNS
Mr. Nfor Daouda, Administrator
- General Consultation of clients
- Observation of patients on infusion fluids
- Dental Services – RTC, Extractions, fillings, dentures, braces, mandibular reduction, dental I & D Crowns, Cleaning, orthodontics etc
- Eye Care Services – Clinical services, surgical services (glaucoma, cataract, etc) and production of spectacles.
- Clinical Imaging – X-ray & Ultrasound, Chest x-ray, abdominal Ultrasound, pelvic Ultrasound, Lumbosacral, pelvic x-rays, x-rays at the extremities, special exams, mall parts, obstetrical ultrasound, Doppler ultrasound, Cardiac Ultrasound, trans fontanel
- Pharmacy – Drug Procurement, in charge of the entire drug dispensing cycle.
- HIV and AIDS Services – Initiate Patients on ARVs, Refill ARVs to old patients, counselling, consultation, vital signs, family planning.
- Laboratory Services – Taking samples and testing, etc\
- Physiotherapy (PT) Services –Exercises, Manual Therapy, Massage (soft tissue therapy), Modalities (Thermo Electrotherapy), Casting and clubfoot treatment etc
- Maternal and Child Health Department –Administration of drugs, wound dressing, health talks, vital signs, bed Melany, cleaning.
- Women Health Program – cervical cancer screening, syndromic management of STI, HPV DNA testing, family planning etc.
- Tuberculosis Services
- Diabetes Clinic
- Chaplaincy/Social Services – counselling, spiritual guidance, sharing the word of God etc
- Mental Health Services – Depression, psychosis, Epilepsy, Chila & Dementia, Disorder due to substance use
- Cardiology Unit – Consultation, echocardiogram, electrocardiogram etc
- Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT )- consultation, care and surgery
- Dermatology –Electrocoagulation, biopsies, etc
- Wound care and treatment – wound dressing, consultation, treatment etc
- Security Services – Protect property and patients within the hospital premises
- Canteen services- Food and drinks, special orders.
- Pediatric Services (Children’s Ward)
- Maternity Services – Delivery, check pregnant women, take care of sick pregnant women, post-partum care, Neonatal resuscitation, baby’s ear piercing etc.
- Men, Women and Children Wards.
- ANC – Health education, booking, follow up till delivery, Vaccination of children.
Outreach and Sensitization
MBHD carries out outreach and sensitization on Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs) and other health issues in the town of Douala.
Mboppi Baptist Hospital Douala (MBHD) is situated behind the Camp de la Gendarmerie de Mboppi, in the Douala II Sub Division in Wouri Division of the Littoral Region.
Mboppi Baptist Health Centre
PO Box 15161 Akwa,
Tel: (Secretariat) + 237 677896106
Security: +237 67556 5894
Administrator: +237 67781 6580
Mr. Nfor Daouda
CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICE
Dr. Zero Molesa Guy
SUPERVISOR OF NURSING SERVICES
Mr. Monjuh Anthony