Lassin Baptist Health Centre started as a Government Community Health Post but in 1992, the community applied for the creation of a CBC Health Services health unit in the village. Following the application, a team was sent from Banso Baptist Hospital (BBH), to carry out feasibility studies which culminated in the conversion of the government health post into a CBC Health Services run unit in 1999. This move brought in new services and qualified staff. Today, the Lassin Baptist Health Center can boast of quality services rendered in and out of the community. Lassin Baptist Health has well trained staff including a screener and sees an average of 500 clients every month. Banso Baptist Hospital (BBH) undertakes a doctor’s support visit to the health centre every other month. The Health Center offers inpatient and outpatient services to the community.
The outpatient services offered include:
- General consultation,
- Infant welfare clinic (IWC),
- Antenatal clinic (ANC),
- Prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV (PMTCT),
- Family planning (FP),
- Treatment services like lacerations and
- Minor surgeries notably circumcisions.
The impatient services offered in the hospital include:
- Admission of patients in many wards with over 25 bed capacity,
- The health Centre does admissions of medical cases into the Women/Children’s Ward.
- Maternity Ward where delivery services are offered.
- Post-partum services are also offered.
- Community services like sensitization and vaccination.
The Health Centre is located in Lassin village which is under Oku Health District, Noni Sub Division, Bui Division of the Northwest Region of Cameroon.
Tel: (+237) 67717 8190 / 65597 8737