From a Life Abundant Primary (LAP) Primary Health Centre (PHC) in 1998 to a full-fledged health centre of the Cameroon Baptist Convention (CBC) Health Services on January 1, 2013. Build on 12 hectares of land, a gift from the community, Koussam Baptist Health Center (KBHC) sees an average of 200 patients every month.
Outpatient Services: The outpatient services offered at the health center include:
- General consultation,
- Laboratory that does urinalyses and staining with malaria
- Sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- Pharmacy services.
Inpatient Services: The inpatient services include:
- Admissions into the Men, Women and Children Wards.
- Maternity services with an average of six deliveries conducted monthly.
- Antenatal Clinics (ANC)
- Vaccination campaigns
- Homes visits which include compound sanitation and health education.
- A prayer cell in which staff meet to worship God and fellowship weekly.
Location: The health centre is located in Koussam Village in Njimom Sub-Division in Noun Division of the West Region of Cameroon. It is found about 12 km from Foumban town. The centre shares boundary with the Fon’s Palace.
Supervising Hospital: Koussam Baptist Health centre is placed under the supervision of Banso Baptist Hospital (BBH).
Working Hours: The centre operates all days and on a two-shift, that is, from 7:00am to 3:pm and from 3:00pm to 7:00am.
Staff strength: Koussam Baptist Health Centre has a staff strength of 10 including one contract worker
Bed capacity: 10
Catchment areas: The patients seen in the health centre come from other neighboring villages like Mayhait, Njimom, Follap, Foget, Njinka, Njinshem and towns like Foumban and Malantueen. The population of Koussam is predominantly Muslim.
Tel. +237 67460 5385