Kouhouat Baptist HC
The people of Kouhouat use to strain a lot getting health services from distant away hospitals like Banso Baptist Hospital (BBH) for treatment and consultations. Given the persistent demand for CBCHS Services, the CBCHS created a health post in 1999.
Given the enormous progress registered and continues rise in the demand of services, the Health Post was upgraded to a health centre on April, 30 1994.
The health centre provides the following services:
- general consultation,
- laboratory (the key tests being urinalysis, hepatitis, malaria, sexually transmitted infections, and type and cross match of blood for transfusion amongst others).
- family planning which offers various family planning methods to clients.
- The maternity that does Antenatal Clinic (ANC), deliveries, infant welfare clinic and nutrition counseling.
- prevention of mother-to-child transmission (PMTCT) of HIV services.
- Treatment Room where minor surgeries and dressing change are done.
- The health centre admits severe medical cases and those needing medical follow-up. five admission wards namely; Men , Women , Children , Maternity and Private Wards.
- Chaplaincy that ensures the spiritual wellbeing of staff and patients,
- Security Post that safeguards staff and equipment
- Laundry Department that is in charge of keeping the health centre linen and compound clean.
Bed capacity: The centre has a bed capacity of 27 spread in five wards
Staff capacity: Kouhouat Baptist Health Centre has a staff of 22 and a screener
Number of patients: The health centre attends to an average 415 patients every month. A total of 30 admissions are recorded on average per month, with 155 deliveries recorded in 2014. There were 998 In Patients attendance in 2014 and 6,269 Out Patients.
Supervising Hosptital: BBH
Kouhouat village, is situated 26km from Foumban It is found in Bangourain Subdivision, Noun Division in the West Region of Cameroon. Kouhouat is predominantly Muslim.
Catchment areas: The health centre receives patients from seven out of the nine subdivisions in Noun division.