Bafia Baptist Health Centre (BBHC) started as Primary Health Centre (PHC) under the Life Abundant Primary Healthcare Programme (LAP) on January 25, 2008. The PHC was created to meet the health needs of the population that is predominantly farmers with cocoa as their main cash crop. With the increasing demand for more quality services, the PHC was on December 16, 2013, upgraded into an integrated health centre. The health centre has a bed capacity of 14 distributed in five wards and a staff strength of 17 including 3 security guards. As of April 2018, BBHC was seeing an average of 300 patients in a month with the clients coming mainly from Munyenge, Bafia, Ebie, Bova, Ikata and Mbonge. The health center operates 24/7. BBHC is supervised by Baptist Hospital Mutengene (BHM).
Mr. Philemon Mbangsi KatuChief Of Center
Outpatient Services include:
- General Consultation
- Laboratory analyses
- Daily consultations
- Counseling (spiritual, social, and nutritional counseling)
- Eye services provided by doctor’s during support visits
- Laboratory services
- Ultrasound services available during doctor’s support visits
- Maternal Child Health (Antenatal Clinic, PMTCT-Option B+, Infant Welfare Clinic -vaccination and nutrition counseling)
- Family Planning
- Treatment Room where incision and drainage, circumcision and removal of lymphoma are done.
- Admissions in the wards
- Maternity services
Outreach and Sensitization
BBHC undertakes outreach and sensitization in Ebie (Mbonge), ANC outreach in Bafia, and meningitis vaccination in Ikata, Mile 14 Lykoko
BBHC plans to acquire more land and to construct a fence round the health center.
BBHC is located in Bafia village in Muyuka Sub-Division, Fako Division of the Southwest Region of Cameroon. It is about 16km from Muyuka town.