Mr. Yungseh Peter Nshiom
Created in 1989, Kumba Baptist Health Centre (KBHC) is today one of the fastest growing urban health centers of the CBC Health Services. The Health Centre has the potential of becoming a big hospital. In April 2023, KBHC had 165 staff and two resident medical doctors. KBHC has a well-equipped lab, a theatre with advanced equipment, and a modern infrastructure capable of admitting 500 patients. The Health Centre has a bed capacity of 49 spread in four wards. The supervising hospital, Baptist Hospital Mutengene (BHM) pays a doctor’s support visit to the Health Centre every month. KBHC operates a satellite store of the CBC Central Pharmacy under the Performance Based Financing (PBF) project. The satellite store also serves the government and other private health facilities in the area. Patients seen at the Health Centre come from Kumba and the other parts of Meme Division, parts of Ndian Division, Manyu, and Kupe Manenguba divisions and from the Litoral Region (Mbanga, Loum, Nkongsamba, etc). KBHC operates 24/7 and sees an average of 5,000 patients every month.
- Daily Consultations
- Counseling (spiritual, social, and nutritional counseling)
- Care and Treatment Center
- Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT)
- Operating Theatre
- Eye Services
- Dental Services
- Laboratory Services
- Maternal Child Health (Antenatal Clinic, PMTCT-Option B+, Infant Welfare Clinic –vaccination and nutrition counseling)
- Women’s Health Programme & Family Planning (cervical & breast cancer screening)
- Treatment Room where incision and drainage, circumcision and removal of lymphoma are done.
- The Health Centre offers catering services (canteen and housekeeping)
- Chaplaincy services with one chaplain
- Mental health services
- Security services with 12 guards
KBHC does admissions of difficult cases that require close follow up.
- Admissions in wards with an average of 200 patients admitted per month.
- Maternity Services are gaining ground with the Health Centre conducting an average of 60 deliveries every month.
Outreach and Sensitization
The Health Centre does outreach and sensitization in places like Tombel, Souza, Loum, the entire Ndian Division and Mbonge Sub-division.
Outreach is also being added to IDP Camps
KBHC is located in Meta Quarter in Kumba II Sub-division, Meme Division of the Southwest Region of Cameroon. It is found on the same environment with the Cameroon Baptist Convention Theological Seminary Kumba.
PO Box: 4 Kumba
Main Office: 670596439
Chief of Center: 3335 5215/ +237 7621 7924
Security Office: 678462544